Ascension Episcopal School (AES) provides an atmosphere in which understanding, tolerance, self-esteem, and confidence are instilled. We at AES believe these principles and values, if nurtured, will help any child in every space they will exist once leaving school. The benefits of receiving an AES foundation are immeasurable and by extending our grade levels, we are helping to change the world one youth at a time.
middle school curriculum:
The Middle School Curriculum is a comprehensive, research-based curriculum that integrates instruction across developmental domains and is aligned to state and national standards.
Middle School Classes will include:
Core Content Classes:
- English Language Arts (ELA) - Reading, Writing, Grammar, and Vocabulary
- Christian Education
- Music & Theater
(The following are examples of electives offered. Quarterly offerings are dependent upon teacher availability and student interest.)
- Worship Band
- Forensic Science
- Architects in the Making
- Looms, Bridges & Fish nets
- Students from second grade through eighth grade participate in two developmentally appropriate chapels weekly. Christian faith morals are emphasized during chapel and reinforced throughout the school day.
- Collaborative learning model that enhances: critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, collaboration and creativity.
- Students become familiar with various art forms and mediums to express ideas and identify different art elements.
Social and Emotional Learning is a research proven approach to guiding our students to develop as dynamic individuals. With intentionality, we guide our Eagles to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions. As well, we help all Eagles to rely on the tools, values, and foundation they have been given to go forward as contributing members of the communities they exist in.