The early childhood years provide a foundation that guides children academically, socially, and emotionally. These experiences can influence the rest of a child’s life. Ascension Episcopal School provides a warm, nurturing, safe environment that challenges children to develop their curiosity and excitement about the process of learning as well as their knowledge about the world and the people around them.
Our Pre-Kindergarten children:
Our Frog Street Pre-K Curriculum is a comprehensive, research based curriculum that integrates instruction across developmental domains and is aligned to state and national standards.
- A variety of literature genres.
- Bilingual Story Folders for retelling and sequencing events.
- Building phonological awareness, alphabet knowledge, and vocabulary.
Math and Science
- Number and Operations
- Geometry and Spatial Awareness
- Classification and Patterning
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Science Manipulatives
Science and Health
- Students explore properties of materials, positions, and motion of objects
- Experiment with hands-on activities to sort, measure, and classify
- Participate in Health and Safety lessons on hygiene, nutrition, and exercise
- Students begin to study cultures and their environmental world
- Begin geography skills
Pre-Kindergarten children engage in Co-Curricular activities including:
- Motor Skills Development
- Students participate twice weekly with Bible stories, songs, and prayer